Rejoice for the weekend is upon us. Not much has happened this week but I thought I’d share my particular highlights. It’s only a matter of time before I start banging on about my bits again so let’s just have some nice stuff for a while eh?
1) I managed not only a night out but a day AND night out (with a quick outfit change in between obvs). Spent the morning and afternoon at a christening and celebrating with friends, quickly followed by a wedding reception in the evening. I even stayed out until just after 10pm…..I KNOW, achieving what I thought was the un-achievable. I did leave in tears mind, but they were happy tears caused by friends being super nice about our news. I was due a cry anyway, it had been at least 21 hours since the previous one.
2) I’ve no idea what I was spouting on about at the time but I mentioned our impending son or daughter to OH and he panicked upon realising he’s going to be a dad. I’ve no idea what he’s been thinking he’s going to be for the past 14 weeks but he now says we have to grow up immediately. I’ve informed him that this will never happen!
3) It’s been a week since our NT scan and we’ve heard no news. They said if was high risk we would be contacted within 3 days. I’m taking this to mean that we’re in the clear and can start to chill for a while. No news really is good news.
4) I’m finally starting to develop a bump (rather than bloat) and as a result I have purchased my 1st two pairs of maternity jeans. I haven’t tried them on yet so may be jumping the gun a bit but I’m very excited about the prospect of having alternatives in my wardrobe. I’m already sick of the sight of black leggings…..it was a short lived affair.
5) Not only have I ventured into the world of maternity clobber this week but I also had my 1st morning sickness based “real life vom” tmi??? I’ve only recently gotten my appetite for cooking back and thought I’d knock up a curry from scratch, 30 mins in OH had to take over whilst I stared down the toilet bowl for while. I’m pretty happy about it though, now I feel like I’m actually going to be a mother. I’m still not growing up though!!!
Oh and one not so great thing……still no glow! How long before I can sashay around looking all radiant and elegant like Blake Lively instead of putting on 12 layers of Bare Minerals each morning just to look alive, is it that much to ask? xoxo