So, I’m pregnant, have I mentioned that? AND now I have a new job! I don’t want to jinx things but I still can’t quite believe how well everything is turning out. I don’t want to be a negative Nancy but after years of infertility struggles I’m just not used to things going right. Suffice to say, I’m exhausted and overjoyed that it’s Friday. A quick breakdown of the weeks highlights so far;
- 2 x job interviews (not necessarily a highlight but the outcome certainly was)
- Our 12 week scan (AMAZING….but freaky)
- A job offer!!! (Nuff said)
- A successful negotiation with the HR department to leave my current role early and still get 100% of my redundancy pay (I should think so after 11 years of hard graft, ahem)
- Another 12 week scan as baby refused to stay still for the 1st one, so they had to have another attempt at taking the nuchal fold measurements (achieved on this occasion)
- Announcing our pregnancy (finally feels real)
- Discovering my new found love for pickled onions (I’ll never look back)
So, all in all it’s been pretty full on…especially on the pickled onion front. We have a healthy baby bouncing around (literally) inside, it’s no wonder I’m knackered! In between all this excitement I had the dreaded issue of letting my new employers know about my ‘current situation’. Being an honest person (yeah, yeah I know I didn’t mention it at my interview) I wanted to tell them sooner rather than later. I braved it before accepting my offer and I couldn’t have asked for a more understanding and welcoming response. My current team have been fab too. I don’t want to get all soppy but I’m truly thankful for everything that’s happening right now. It’s only now that I’m starting to take everything in and can finally start to feel relaxed about the future….once the screening test results are in. Can a pregnant lady (I use that term loosely) ever relax???
I’m starting to think this blog is a good luck charm, I feel like bloody Noel Edmonds banging on about that cosmic ordering shiz.
Happy Friday y’all!!!