Rejoice for the weekend is upon us. Not much has happened this week but I thought I’d share my particular highlights. It’s only a matter of time before I start banging on about my bits again so let’s just have some nice stuff for a while eh?
1) I managed not only a night out but a day AND night out (with a quick outfit change in between obvs). Spent the morning and afternoon at a christening and celebrating with friends, quickly followed by a wedding reception in the evening. I even stayed out until just after 10pm…..I KNOW, achieving what I thought was the un-achievable. I did leave in tears mind, but they were happy tears caused by friends being super nice about our news. I was due a cry anyway, it had been at least 21 hours since the previous one.
2) I’ve no idea what I was spouting on about at the time but I mentioned our impending son or daughter to OH and he panicked upon realising he’s going to be a dad. I’ve no idea what he’s been thinking he’s going to be for the past 14 weeks but he now says we have to grow up immediately. I’ve informed him that this will never happen!
3) It’s been a week since our NT scan and we’ve heard no news. They said if was high risk we would be contacted within 3 days. I’m taking this to mean that we’re in the clear and can start to chill for a while. No news really is good news.
4) I’m finally starting to develop a bump (rather than bloat) and as a result I have purchased my 1st two pairs of maternity jeans. I haven’t tried them on yet so may be jumping the gun a bit but I’m very excited about the prospect of having alternatives in my wardrobe. I’m already sick of the sight of black leggings…..it was a short lived affair.
5) Not only have I ventured into the world of maternity clobber this week but I also had my 1st morning sickness based “real life vom” tmi??? I’ve only recently gotten my appetite for cooking back and thought I’d knock up a curry from scratch, 30 mins in OH had to take over whilst I stared down the toilet bowl for while. I’m pretty happy about it though, now I feel like I’m actually going to be a mother. I’m still not growing up though!!!
Oh and one not so great thing……still no glow! How long before I can sashay around looking all radiant and elegant like Blake Lively instead of putting on 12 layers of Bare Minerals each morning just to look alive, is it that much to ask? xoxo
So, I’m pregnant, have I mentioned that? AND now I have a new job! I don’t want to jinx things but I still can’t quite believe how well everything is turning out. I don’t want to be a negative Nancy but after years of infertility struggles I’m just not used to things going right. Suffice to say, I’m exhausted and overjoyed that it’s Friday. A quick breakdown of the weeks highlights so far;
- 2 x job interviews (not necessarily a highlight but the outcome certainly was)
- Our 12 week scan (AMAZING….but freaky)
- A job offer!!! (Nuff said)
- A successful negotiation with the HR department to leave my current role early and still get 100% of my redundancy pay (I should think so after 11 years of hard graft, ahem)
- Another 12 week scan as baby refused to stay still for the 1st one, so they had to have another attempt at taking the nuchal fold measurements (achieved on this occasion)
- Announcing our pregnancy (finally feels real)
- Discovering my new found love for pickled onions (I’ll never look back)
So, all in all it’s been pretty full on…especially on the pickled onion front. We have a healthy baby bouncing around (literally) inside, it’s no wonder I’m knackered! In between all this excitement I had the dreaded issue of letting my new employers know about my ‘current situation’. Being an honest person (yeah, yeah I know I didn’t mention it at my interview) I wanted to tell them sooner rather than later. I braved it before accepting my offer and I couldn’t have asked for a more understanding and welcoming response. My current team have been fab too. I don’t want to get all soppy but I’m truly thankful for everything that’s happening right now. It’s only now that I’m starting to take everything in and can finally start to feel relaxed about the future….once the screening test results are in. Can a pregnant lady (I use that term loosely) ever relax???
I’m starting to think this blog is a good luck charm, I feel like bloody Noel Edmonds banging on about that cosmic ordering shiz.
Happy Friday y’all!!!
I haven’t been very prolific on here recently. I have been writing lots….mainly personal statements declaring how bloody marvellous I am, in the hope that someone will take me on when my job role is made redundant at the end of March. It’s a good job I’m pretty relaxed as early pregnancy and being faced with unemployment isn’t the best of combos. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t change it for the world, but talk about awkward timing. Still, that’s infertility for ya! Anyway, if I think about the money I’m saving on Sauvignon Blanc then we should have a fair bit put away by the time the new addition comes. 😉
The thought of interviewing is quite daunting, luckily the bump/bloat can still be hidden relatively well at the moment so that shouldn’t give things away and what’s a little white lie between me and a potential employer? I also worry about getting a job offer, would I tell them at that point or would I wait until my (rapidly increasing) bottom was placed firmly on my swivel chair? Any wise words from people who have been in a similar situation would be much appreciated.
Apart from employment woes not much has been going on. There’s been the usual ‘ ugh, I’m sick of feeling sick symptoms’ quickly followed by the ‘WHY HAVE MY SYMPTOMS DISAPPEARED’ panic. I’ve now learnt to enjoy those rare days/hours. I’m waiting patiently for my first midwife appointment on Thursday morning and hopefully we’ll get a date for our 12 week scan. Then I can really start to worry again.
I also made my debut on the airwaves?!?! this week. I was kindly invited to take part in an interview for an episode of The Fertility Podcast, a brilliant online resource offering hope and advice to people trying to conceive. You should check it out…..not just the one featuring me obvs. There’s a great back catalogue of podcasts on the website featuring interviews with fertility experts like Zita West and Emma Cannon as well as real life stories with people like little ol’ me.
You can download the podcasts here and can follow them on Twitter https://twitter.com/fertilitypoddy
Right, those applications won’t write themselves! Hmmmm, I wonder if the midwife needs a PA??? Please send positive job based vibez!